We are at the beginning of the college application season. While many parents are paying thousands for SAT prep courses, the smart ones are assisting their teens in creating outstanding social media profiles on LinkedIn to get accepted to schools such as Harvard. A great profile on a site such as LinkedIn has become the new equalizer in the college recruitment process.
Most families, despite social economic barriers, have access to the internet either in their home or public libraries. Social Media optimization allows student to put their best foot forward for potential colleges and employers.
On this episode we have the one and only Alan Katzman from Social Assurity. Social Assurity provides students, schools, and parents with ecourses that teach students how to optimize their Linkedin and twitter profiles to attract the attention of colleges and employers.
Alan was recently featured in the New York Times. One of his Social Assurity clients caught the attention of Harvard University utilizing the tactics that are provided in Social Assurity’s LinkedIn Essential course.
Alan and I discuss some strategies that students can use on social media sites to highlight their strengths, passion, extracurricular activities, and even family responsibility roles. Alan and I discussed some of the following topics.
Questions I Asked Alan About Social Assurity:
- What Are The top Things College Admission Officers Target?
- How Can Students Ensure Their Profiles Rank #1 Google?
- Are There Ways for Students to Delete Negative Posts or Images?
- Is LinkedIn the Top Social Media Sites to Get Into College?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to Use Social Media Sites to Network with Colleges
- Why Blogs Are Powerful in the Recruitment Process
- Why Your Teen Should Only Stick to 1 Activity
- How to Enhance Your Profiles with care taking Activities
- Tactics to Use on Twitter to Engage Colleges
- Why Privacy is Secondary to a Great Online Presence
How to Contact Social Assurity
Website: Social Assurity
Social Assurity– Social Assurity helps students rise above the crowd of qualified college applicants by teaching students to showcase their potential to colleges, employers, auto insurance companies, and those who share their interests. By using social media properly, they help students create and disseminate an accurate and compelling picture of their lives via social media – for a clear advantage in college admissions go to socialassurity.com and download one of their ecourses to help your child rise above other applicants!