A recent study indicates that internet addiction can lead to a weaken immune system which leads to more viruses such as the Flu. There is already documented research on how internet addiction leads to mental health issues. On this episode of the Digital Parent Podcast, Dr. David Greenfield stopped by to discuss online addiction and teens.
Dr. Greenfield is the leading expert in the field of internet addiction. He is the founder of the The Center for Internet and Technology Addiction and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. Dr. Greenfield has appeared on CNN, Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS Early Show, Fox News, Anderson Cooper, and many more shows to discuss the connection between tech use and dopamine.
He is also the author of Virtual Addiction, which was on of the pioneering books on the subject of internet addiction in 1999. Recently, on ESPN”s Outside the Lines Dr. Greenfield discussed video game addiction . Here are some of the questions that Dr. Greenfield and I covered during the podcast:
Some Questions I Asked About Internet Addiction:
- Why Are Teens Uploading Fight Videos Online?
- How Dangerous Is It For Parents to Takeaway Tablets and Phones.
- Why is the Porn Industry Seeking out Gamers?
- Why are Teens Accepting Friend Requests from Strangers?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How High Speed Internet Increases Dopamine Effect
- How to Identify the Top Signs of Online Addiction
- How the Porn Industry uses Internet Addiction to Target Kids
- How Teens can Learn Electronic Etiquette
Buy Dr. David Book Virtual Addiction
How to Contact Dr. David Greenfield
Youtube: Dr. David Greenfield
mSpy– Top Monitoring software on the market! Monitor all of the hottest teens apps such as Tinder, Snapchat, Kik, WhatsApp, Instagram, and many more.
KidsEmail– email client designed for kids! Multiple features and beautiful themes for teens to pick from for their email. type in Promo Code: Digital Parent to get Free 90 Day Trial.