Janell Hofmann, author of the book iRules What Every Tech Family Needs to Know about Selfies, Sexting, Gaming, and Growing up, stopped by the Digital Parent Podcast to discuss her book. Janell is an international speaker and consultant on topics like technology, media, health, relationships, and personal growth. Janel most important role is mother of five beautiful tech savvy children. Janel discussed the importance of creating iRules and contracts with kids before they are given technology. Janell and I discussed the following topics on episode 15 of the Digital Parent Podcast:
Some Questions I Asked Janell:
- Is there a set number of rules parents should include in their digital contracts?
- How can parents obtain passwords from their kids?
- Is it possible to enforce rules for powerful behavior such as sexting?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to have fluency with social networks
- How to develop slow tech parenting
- How to role model appropriate social media behavior
Please Purchase iRules to brush up on your digital contracts!
Please visit Janell at www.janellburleyhofmann.com for speaking and consultation opportunities