Dr. Yalda Uhls stopped by the Digital Parenting Podcast to discuss some of the hottest topics concerning parents and technology. Yalda is an award wining child psychologist researcher and the leading expert on how media affects children. Yalda has been featured in multiple publications on how parents can manage their children’s media habits. She is also the author of Media Moms and Digital Dads: A Fact Not Fear Approach to Parenting in the Digital Age. Dr. Uhls works with Common Sense Media, a national non-profit, as their Director of Creative Community Partnerships and also does research with UCLA.
Some Questions I Asked Yalda:
- What are the top 3 approaches to Digital Parenting?
- How important is it to play video games with your child?
- What is the impact of shaming videos that parents post to their social media sites to embarrass their child?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to Become a Better Digital Parent
- How teens value fame from social media
- Tips on how to monitor screen use
Please Purchase Yalda’s Book Media Moms and Digital Dads:
Visit Yalda’s website to learn more about the research, speaking and other fun stuff.