Most teens are either in school or on the way back to school equipped with the new shinny smartphone. Most schools either have a 1 to 1 policy or a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy. Young Middle School kids equipped with instant access to technology can be scary for most parents. On this Back to School Episode of the Digital Parent Podcast, Internet Safety Expert Jesse Weinberger stops by the Digital Parent Podcast to discuss how parents can monitor their kid’s cell phones and some of the most dangerous apps they may pick up from their friends. On this episode, Jesse and I discussed some of the following topics:
Back to School Questions I Asked Jesse:
- How do Schools Protect Kid’s Online Privacy?
- What are Some of The Top Apps Parents Should Monitor?
- How Do You Set Screen Time With Kids?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Facebook and Other Companies Target Teens
- Why Pimps Solicit Teens Through Apps for Human Trafficking
- How Kids Are Getting Introduced to Porn in the 4th and 5th Grade
- The Ways Young Celebrities are Promoting Sexting and Bullying
- The Age Your Child Should Have a Social Media Account
Buy Jesse’s Book The BoogeyMan Exists:
— Jesse Weinberger (@OvernightGeek) June 28, 2014
— Jesse Weinberger (@OvernightGeek) April 30, 2015
Download Jesse’s Family Contract PDF file Here
Click on the Link Below if You Need to Book Jesse for An Event
How to Contact Jesse
Book a presentation: http://www.
Should You Buy Your Child a Smartphone
mSpy– Top Monitoring software on the market! Monitor all of the hottest teens apps such as Tinder, Snapchat, Kik, WhatsApp, Instagram, and many more.
KidsEmail– email client designed for kids! Multiple features and beautiful themes for teens to pick from for their email. type in Promo Code: Digital Parent to get Free 90 Day Trial.