Device Free Dinner is a new movement for all digital parents. Restaurants have started to reward families with free meals for going device free. Common Sense Media has spearheaded a campaign for families to ditch their devices for dinner.
There is a good reason the #DeviceFreeDinner hashtag is picking up steam. Research indicates that uninterrupted family time during dinner has significant health benefits. Kids have a decreased chance of having behavior problems at school. Kids also have a decreased risk of abusing substances.
On this Episode of the Digital Parent Podcast we talk with Sheri Veges who is the owner and founder of “Crate Your Phone”. Sheri and her husband ditched the phones awhile ago at dinner in order to have device free dinners. They coined the term “Crate Your Phone.” Crate Your Phone was created by developing a crate to store the family devices during dinner. Sheri’s Crate Your Phone crate has now become a staple for the DeviceFreeDinner movement.
Here are some the questions that Sheri and I discuss:
Questions I asked Sheri about Device Free Dinners:
- How Did You Coin the Phrase “Crate Your Phone”?
- What Was The Initial Response From Your Kids?
- Did You Discover Any Benefits From Being Device Free?
- What Are Some Creative Ways to use Crate Your Phone?
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Teens Want Parents to Crate Their Phones
- The Top Reasons Teens Use Crate Your Phone with Friends
- How Adults Use Crate Your Phone at work
- How to Use it for Easter Baskets
Your Can Find Crate Your Phones on The Following Sites:
Home page: Crate Your Phone Site
Facebook: Crate Your Phone
Pinterest: Crate Your Phone
Twitter: Crate Your Phone
Youtube: Crate Your Phone Channel
Instagram: Crate Your Phone
Get The Free Ebook
Learn How Emojis can Get Your Child in a World of Trouble