It’s the season of seeking scholarship money. Parents and caregivers are searching all over the internet to locate scholarship applications to assist with the increasingly high cost of college tuition. The parents that are not searching for scholarships are hoping that their child’s 529 plan will be enough to fund 4-5 years of college.
Then there are parents that have paid anywhere from 500-5,000 dollars to hire a college planner to locate free institutional grants to provide their child with a free ride to college. On this episode of the Digital Parent Podcast we talk with one of the top college planners in the industry.
Danny Umali, the founder of Game Theory College Planners, provides us with an inside look of the new field of college planning. Danny discuss how his company uses advance analytics to pinpoint the exact college that will provide a “Free ride” for your child to attend their University. Danny and I also discuss how social media is becoming the secret sauce to landing institutional grants. Danny and I discussed the following:
Questions I Asked Danny about College Planning:
- What are the Benefits of Hiring a College Planner
- Is It a Good Idea to Have a 529 College Plan
- Should Students Use Social Media to Attract Colleges
- Is it Possible to Use Social Media to Increase Financial Aid
In this Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Colleges use FASA Applications to Lower Financial Aid
- Why a High SAT or ACT Score will Decrease Financial Aid Offers
- How Danny’s Client Used LinkedIn to Attract Harvard
- Why Institutional Funding is the Best Way to Get A “Fee Ride”
Links on College Planning Danny Mentioned on the Show:
How to Contact Game Theory
Website: Game Theory
Social Assurity– Social Assurity helps students rise above the crowd of qualified college applicants by teaching students to showcase their potential to colleges, employers, auto insurance companies, and those who share their interests. By using social media properly, they help students create and disseminate an accurate and compelling picture of their lives via social media – for a clear advantage in college admissions go to socialassurity.com and download one of their ecourses to help your child rise above other applicants!