Maybe I am old school but when my kids informed me that their schools was moving to a 1:1 program I cringed just a little bit. For most school districts, 1:1 is when laptops are purchased and loaned to every student in the school building. Lessons are provided to the student through their laptops.
I have discussed on this podcast on numerous shows the dangers of unchecked screen time. Now knowing that my kids will be spending another 8 hours on the computer is down right frighting. In order to soothe my fears and the fears of other parents, I invited 1:1 expert Heather Dowd to discuss the wonderful benefits of 1:1 programs.
Heather is the author of the book Classroom Management in the Digital Age. In the book, Heather discusses how teachers should structure their classrooms to embrace 1:1 and also huge benefits the students will receive from the program. Heather soothed some of my fears. Here are some of the topics that we discussed on this podcast.
Questions I asked Heather about 1 to 1 Classroom Management
- How Can Teachers Compete with The Attention Kids Give Their Devices?
- How Do You Ensure You Have Your Students Undivided Attention?
- Do 1 to1 Programs Allow for Better Day to Day Communication with Parents?
- How Can 1to1 Program Ensure That Bullying and Sexting isn’t Taking Place ?
Things You Will Learn:
- The reason 1 to1 Decrease Bullying Within The Classroom
- Why 1 to 1 Increases a Positive Digital Footprint
- How 1 to1 Programs Allow Sick Youth Keep Up with Lesson Plans
- Top Reasons Teachers Love 1:1
Please Get 50% off our New Udemy Course
Get a Copy of Heather’s Book Classroom Management in The Digital Age
Download Heather’s Parent/Student Agreement for 1:1 Devices at Home